Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Boston thus far at a glance...

So...we (as in myself, el padre, and rach) drove, and drove, AND drove to Boston.  The United States goes like this: water - desert - corn - corn - corn - oh my gosh corn! -  green trees - and water. Our drive involved popcorn, all of Enders Game, more popcorn (oh my gosh corn!), Nauvoo, Kirtland ("which is just like your life because..." ha!), Palmyra (jogging!), Planet of the Apes, hilarious hotel decorations, and Uburger!  SO FUN!

I'll be going here

Well, technically here.

And i'll see this from my internship

Red Sox :  I'm in Boston, I had to!  No really, I had no choice!  Okay fine we all wanted too.  And pretty sure we saw a home run and then a grand slam!  Yeah, I just learned that phrase- ha!  Go Red Sox!  Well, unless your name is Bryan.  In his case it is Go Yankees!  Pretty sure an entire tour bus pulled over while we were biking through down town and said "Violation!  Warning, we have a Yankees fan in the area.  Repent!"  haha!  Well, Bryan WAS wearing a Yankees t-shirt - ha.

My Dad helped me move everything into my apartment including tying my entire bed to the top of my car!  THANK YOU DAD!  YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!  And that was SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!  Just remember you have "YOUR OWN PERSONAL FOLLOWING" - HAHA - classic!

Rach and Bryan came down from Manhatten which is where they live (get it rach? get it?) and played with me all labor day!  Freedom Trail, Rachel pretending to be a hilarious tour guide in one of the buildings and us getting strange looks, Quincy market, and of course the bikes!  Uneven cobble stone and bikes = hilarious!  Especially when you hum while going over all the bumps.  Oh - - and never ever give rachel a bike-bell for her birthday, or for any reason.  Especially when she is right behind you and all the people walking in front of me think I am the one ringing for them to move over and over again - haha! 


Pretty sure I cared more about pretending to be a pirate on this ship than the actual historical stuff, although the war of 1812 was very interesting to learn about.....yeeaaahh - Rachel and I sang the Pirates of the Carribean theme most the time.  AND we got stuck in the basement of the ship when we momentarily jumped in with a random tour group! (You would have joined them too if you were only allowed in the basement if you were part of a tour! haha).  The idea was to run down the stairs, take a look, then run back up the stairs before they noticed us.  Only problem was that the stairs, which had only enough room for one person at a time had a continuous stream of people coming down.  It  was hilarious!  We finally escaped - don't worry.

Make way for ducklings!  "Excuse me, where are the ducklings?" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment