Sunday, September 18, 2011

September 11, 2011 - 10 years later

This was on display for people to come and sign for the 10th anniversary of September 11, 2001.  I remember September 11.  I was at my piano lesson when the first plane hit.  My teachers son ran into the room to tell us.  My lesson was cancelled and I went home and saw both towers collapse live on T.V..  I still wanted to go to school even though my Mom said I didn't have to.  In Ms. Owen's art class we watched the news. My friend was upset because her dad was in New York City and they couldn't get ahold of him. My dad was in New York City as well, but he called my mom and said he was okay.  My friends dad ran from the dust cloud as the towers collapsed.   I think he lost his phone and maybe his computer, but he lived.  I watched the news for probably five straight hours after school.  I won't forget that day.  God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment